February 10, 2024 at 9:44 a.m.
Lincoln County 2024-2025 Kindergarten Registration Begins
Monday, February 12, 2024 through Friday, March 15, 2024
LINCOLNTON, N.C. - Registration for children entering kindergarten will begin on Monday, February 12, 2024 and will continue through Friday, March 15, 2024. Children who will turn five years old on or before August 31, 2024 will need to be registered between those dates. Parents must register their child(ren) online at www.lcsnc.org and click on Kindergarten Enrollment 2024-2025.
After online kindergarten registration has been completed, parents will be contacted by the school for an appointment for Kindergarten Entry Screening. The documents listed below will need to be provided to the school at the time of the Kindergarten Entry Screening appointment.
- A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate
- 2 proofs of residency – i.e., Active NC Driver’s License, Photo ID issued by state DMV, Utility Bill in person’s name (cell phone bills will not be accepted), Lease Agreement, Real Property Tax Bill
- Documented evidence of immunizations as per state law. Please see your health care provider or the Lincoln County Health Department with specific questions regarding this.
- A health assessment – This should be completed by your health care provider prior to the start of school, but must be completed no later than 30 days after school begins. Failure to provide this information will result in the child being excluded from school. Assessment forms are available at each school. All sections of the assessment (including developmental, hearing, and vision) must be completed.
- A picture ID will be required of the parent or guardian registering the student.
Parents of children who need immunizations or a health assessment should take their child to their health care provider or to the Lincoln County Health Department as soon as possible to complete these requirements prior to the beginning of the 2024-2025 school year.
The Lincoln Herald covers the news of Lincolnton, Denver, Cherryville, Maiden, Alexis, Stanley, High Shoals--all of Lincoln County and neighboring Gaston, Catawba and Cleveland counties. We provide news, sports, obituaries, community events and much, much more! The Lincoln Herald also publishes birthday, anniversary, wedding and engagement announcements and some classified ads for individuals absolutely free...and reading the Herald is also FREE! E-mail us at [email protected] to submit your Story Ideas, Events or FREE Classifieds! Also contact us about our great advertising packages!